You didn’t actually think I’d have a blog and not mention fashion, right? And it’s definitely time we chatted about what to wear with spring quickly approaching and our bodies itching to get out of wool sweaters and rain boots. New England may have been blasted with 18 inches of snow the other day but the sun is out, it’s 50 degrees and I am ready to talk clothes!
Let’s get real: I am addicted to navy. It’s all over in my house, my kid’s clothes, my husband’s clothes, my clothes…some might call it a problem–okay, it’s a problem–but if I work it right, navy is not a problem but a personal style…and THE best time of the year for a navy lover is spring. You can’t talk about spring fashion without mentioning the nautical influence. Navy and white is so fresh, youthful and classic–it’s perfection! So I chose to go with the nautical theme but without being too overtly preppy or monotonous by adding details like polka-dots, sequins, and a sweet ruffled detail on the jacket.
I know you may not have the same style as me but here is the overall advice: these 10 pieces represent a collection of items that can create multiple, complete outfits. Buying clothes can be expensive and draining. Finding what fits and staying on budget all the while looking put together can be hard to accomplish. These are 10 items that will focus you in on what you need to look for while interjecting your own personal style.
Let me know if you have any of your own fashion questions/concerns–I LOVE to talk fashion so send them to your friend out here on the East Coast!
1. Jacket–Leather Jacket w/ ruffle detail, Zara
2. Day dress–Cameo A-Line Dress, Ted Baker, Nordstrom
3. Tank–Sequined Drape Tank, Madewell
4. Printed silk blouse–Geometric Print Blouse, Mango.com
5. Embroidered/lacy top–Crochet Front Top, Ark & Co., Piperlime.com
6. Shorts–Pleated short with structured cotton, J.Crew
7. Wedge/platform sandals–Sandals, Mango.com (these are similar, since I chose these, they have been sold out!)
8. Flats–Darby printed loafers, J.Crew
9. Skirt–Dots Print Miniskirt, Mango.com
10. Ankle/cropped colored pant–Mini Pant, J. Crew